Gary Friedhoff, JD, CPA - Adjunct Professor
"Find out your passion and then find a way to make money at it."
Gary Friedhoff is an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati. He also owns his own accounting services firm.
- JD – Ohio State University
- MS in Taxation – University of Cincinnati
- BBA Accounting – University of Cincinnati
- Owner of Friedhoff Accounting Services
- American Jurisprudence Book Award - Contracts
Which classes do you teach online?
- ACCT8031 - Corp Tax: Formation and Structure
- ACCT8041 - S Corporations
- ACCT8046 - Estate and Gift Taxation
Why did you start teaching?
I felt I had much to contribute and gain from the experience.
What is the best advice that you could give to your students?
Find out your passion and then find a way to make money at it.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Cosmos by Carl Sagan
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the profession in which you teach?
A passion for learning everyday since in my profession, one never knows enough. Analytical skills are also vital, and a strong talent for written communication.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that people in the profession face today?
Globalization has created information overload. Unethical behavior endangers and compromises our tax system.
How do you see online learning affecting the future of education?
Times are changing – it will likely turn out to be the future of education.« Back to Faculty