U.S. employers are expected to hire more than 56,000 more healthcare administrators by 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. An online Master of Business Administration with a concentration in healthcare administration could help you be among the newly hired in one of the fastest-growing professions.
Develop New Skills
If you are looking to lead and manage a medical practice, hospital or health network, an online MBA in healthcare administration can enhance what you already know about the industry or introduce you to new concepts. Your core classes in accounting, economics, marketing, leadership and information technology can improve skills that make you a sought-after job candidate. Here is what you will learn in an online MBA program, as well as how you might use this newfound knowledge as a healthcare administrator:
- Leadership and management — Healthcare administrators are typically in charge of hiring and training employees and helping departments work together as a team.
- Financial management and accounting — Some healthcare administrators oversee an organizationâ€™s finances or those within a specific department.
- Healthcare quality — Delivering top-notch, efficient care is one of the main objectives of healthcare professionals; healthcare administrators help encourage and enforce that philosophy.
- Healthcare policy — Healthcare administrators ensure their organizations are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Information technology — Healthcare administrators keep up with changes in technology, and they work with an IT team to make sure their organizations are also up to par.
- Global insights — Understanding how culture, economics and politics affect health and healthcare outside the U.S. can offer a fresh perspective on the industry as a whole.
Customize your Online MBA
When you enroll in an online MBA program, you get 24-hour access to coursework, flexible start times, and the convenience of taking classes when it fits your schedule. Even if you are working, raising a family or both, an online MBA in healthcare administration can be customized to fit your busy schedule. There is no commute to campus, so you can register, log on and get started from wherever you are.
The healthcare administration career you want is just within your reach. Earn an online MBA in healthcare administration and you could work in one of the fastest-growing healthcare professions in the nation.
Learn more about the University of Cincinnati online MBA in Healthcare Administration program.
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.